Love Letter Wedding Vows Idea

Adriana and Josh’s rabbi asked the couple to each write an answer to the question “Why do you want to spend the rest of your life with Josh/Adriana?” The love letters were read during the ceremony as vows.

Adriana: “I knew very early on after meeting you that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. That feeling has only grown stronger every day. Friends and family have asked me if I am nervous about getting married. I’ve never been nervous—not even for one instant of our engagement.

“I’ve never felt more certain of anything in my life. I love you for the person you are, and because of the way you make me feel. When I look at you, I know that I want to spend my life making you feel the same way.

“I think it is very rare to find someone in life who inspires you with their talent and ambition; who challenges you and shares so many interests with you; who, despite his intelligence, experience, and successes, has the humility, sensitivity, and selflessness to laugh with you, discover with you, and love you like you’ve never been loved before.

I feel so lucky to have found that person in you, and I can’t wait to start the rest of our lives together. If I could change one thing, it would only be for us to have met sooner. I know I will always be happy making you feel my love each and every day.”

Josh: “When we met two and a half years ago, something happened. I had a feeling you were ‘the one,’ but for whatever reason, whether it was fear or insecurity, I was trapped in a world of singledom I could not escape.

You, for some reason, stayed around long enough for me to figure it all out, and for that I owe you everything. About one year after we met, I knew it was over. I felt different, and now I had to make sure I would do everything right so you would feel the same way.

Well, you did, and you gave me the greatest gift anyone could bestow on a companion. The gift to always want to be a better person for you!

You inspire me, challenge me, make me laugh, keep me company, make me never want to be anywhere else but with you, and when I’m away, I just want to come home. You are my angel, and I love you. I will never again think in terms of ‘I.’ ”

This Love Letter Wedding Vows Idea was taken from:
The Knot Guide to Wedding Vows,..Carley Roney